City Centre “ghost towns” CBI warns, as major retailer New Look wants landlords to cut rents to zero
City Centre “ghost towns” CBI warns, as major retailer New Look wants landlord to reduce rent to zero
The Confederation of British Industry (CBI) head, Dame Carolyn Fairbairn, said that Britain’s City centres could become “ghost towns” unless the Prime Minister Boris Johnson does more to encourage workers to go back to the office, the head of the CBI says.
New Look wants rents reduced to zero as part of CVA rescue package.
Top 50 UK employers have no plans to fully reopen offices. Major UK employers plan to keep staff working at home and have no immediate plans to bring them back to the offices, a BBC survey reveals.
What opportunities will there be for property investors?
- Is this the end of work as we know it?
- Is it really more efficient to work at home?
- What will happen to all the city office blocks?
- Companies still have long leases on big offices
- Why live in expensive town centres anymore?
- The ‘eat out to help out’ scheme ends Monday
- Thousands trapped in unsellable leasehold flats
- Number of homes repossessed falls to record low
- Mortgage possession claims fell by 97% to just 161
- 2m homeowners apply for mortgage payment holiday
- Government extends ban on landlords evicting tenants
- Unemployment to double 7.5% and economy slump 9.5%
- Self-employed, have you claimed your government grant?
- Lenders not passing on rate cuts and mortgage rates going up!
- UK property prices jumped by 3% since June following stamp duty cut
- Why UK Property prices rising after stamp duty cut, despite the downturn?
- New planning rules will open up more opportunities to make money in property
- You can create a second income during the lockdown…and come out stronger
- Learn how to make money from property without deposits, mortgages or cash
Millions of people face a bleak future post-Coronavirus lockdown, as businesses disappear and the job furlough scheme eventually comes to an end. However, life doesn’t have to end because of lockdown! You can join thousands of ordinary people who have increased their income and added streams of new income during this period.
Are you ready to adapt to the new economic model?
As lockdown restrictions around the world are being eased, the economic model has subtly changed forever. How will you adapt to this new way of working and running a business, what obstacles and opportunities lies ahead? Will you be a participant or spectator in this revolution?
By Charles Kelly, Property Investor, Author of Yes, Money Can Buy You Happiness and creator of Money Tips Podcast.
There are more examples and practical steps to getting rich and being happy in my book, Yes, money can buy happiness, I cover the 3 R’s of Money Management, the Money B.E.L.I.E.F System and much more. Check it out on Amazon http://bit.ly/2MoneyBook.
If you’d like further information on how to survive the crisis and even quit the rat race, email me at Charles@CharlesKelly.net or send me a message through Facebook or my Money Tips Daily community. See more articles at www.moneytipsdaily.com